LEARNING TO FLY

"Life is an adventure, lived out between birth and death, earth and sky. While we are here , we might as well learn to fly. It beats walking the whole way to Heaven!" pjmcn

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LEARNING TO FLY IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY

"IF YOU CAN KEEP YOUR HEAD WHEN EVERYONE AROUND IS LOSING THEIRS, YOU PROBBALY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!"

I am not normally a grumbler. But some days, I just get a bad case of the crazies.
Situations that make me feel STUPID make me crazy. I feel totally grounded, totally wingless, flightless, motionless, STUPID!!!

The situation I am talking about is debit machines, card machines, those little gagets on store counters designed to make my life easy, by
a.) saving me a trip to the bank
b.) not having to carry a cheque book
ahhh, life will be so simple!

But then came the invention option, and everyone and their dog has a different kind of debit machine!!!
Yes, dog: remember the old St. Bernard photo with the brandy keg around his neck? WEll, I am sure the modern day one has a debit machine!!!!
And no two dogs with the same one!

Maybe it's because we have been travelling so much, but I always seem to be pressing ok, when it should be enter, or using my finger when it should be the stylus, (and by the way, why is the stylus on the left side, when most of the world is right handed???)

Okay, I am over my tantrum. I will get my head out of Aliigator Al's jaws and go shopping.

Shopping? yeah, with a shopping bag of cash! No more debits for awhile, until I finish my class in "Debit machine Management 101."

Have a technology free day , wontcha!




2 comments:

  1. The way you tell your story makes life sound like a real adventure and they give me a good chuckle every time -- thank you -- please tell me that Alligator Al is dead and stuffed : )

    Would you be willing to include your email address in your blogger profile -- it means that I could reply to your comments that you leave on my blog. It just makes things easier for me and anyone else that would like to do the same, but it does put your email out there -- you could create a separate email account just for your blog if bieng out there was an issue for you. Anyway -- about the last comment you left -- glad you liked the header but it was only a trial and has changed -- hopefully you will like this one too : )Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha....I have that problem if I don't have my reading glasses with me...my daughters always come to my rescue. One lesson I learned is never ever forget those glasses...no glasses ...no cash.

    Hugs and blessings. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete