LEARNING TO FLY

"Life is an adventure, lived out between birth and death, earth and sky. While we are here , we might as well learn to fly. It beats walking the whole way to Heaven!" pjmcn

Friday, September 24, 2010


OLD MEMORIES FLYING BY

You will never guess, this is such a fun picture for me!
My oldest grandaughter's closet, with my mother's old jewelry box!

Mom was the queen of beads, making jewelry and lots of gorgeous tree ornament, among other things. One year we found the perfect gift, this big box!

She just loved it, and after she died, I got it back. It sat in storage for years, I couldn't take it to Kenya!

At last, it has a home. We put it in the car in B.C. and it drove with us to upstate New York, and Maria's new closet.

And she is the queen of loving jewelry, vintage or otherwise, definitely related to her great grandma.

It is so much fun to pass something on, the right thing to the right person, just makes me feel good!

We didn't samve a lot of stuff, but the odd bit here and there, ahhh, what fun!

One thing I can take to Kenya, or anywhere for that matter, is all the wonderful memories. They are even better than picutres, and never glitch in the external hard drive, or stick in the photo album, or get lost in the baggage department!

mmmmm, memories, old and new.

Have a memorable day, wontcha?

1 comment:

  1. Hey I so remember that!!! I am so happy to see that it is being put to use with such LOVE!

    Grandma will be smiling...I just know she will be. xoxoxoo

    Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete