LEARNING TO FLY

"Life is an adventure, lived out between birth and death, earth and sky. While we are here , we might as well learn to fly. It beats walking the whole way to Heaven!" pjmcn

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

LEARNING TO FLY IN THE RAIN!!!

DID YOU KNOW??? BATS DON'T FLY IN THE RAIN!

For some reason, I love that statement! I think it should be on a T-shirt! Why? Who knows!!!!! But when it rains, bats come to a full halt! Stop! Relax! Kick-back! or would that be, Hang-up!

I love our Kenya rainstorms, life really comes to a halt! The sky opens up and down it comes, within minutes, our backyard, pictured above, is running with brown bubbling water!
Everything glistens, because so often the sun is still shining through it all. I totally love it!
Kenya rainstorms are so violent, and enveloping, and activity stopping!!!!!
All the animals come to a halt, the insects hide, and people----well, we come to a halt too!

Because we don't have electricity in the daytime, we don't do a whole lot in the house during rainstorms because it gets too dark!!

It's raining?? Kick back, hang up, ENJOY THE INACTIVITY!

WATCH THE AWESOME POWER OF RAIN!

Have a rainy day, wontcha!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love the rain too...lucky thing seeing thats all it does around here. Umbrellas and rain boots are my new accessories. Happy weekend my sweet aunt. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blogs!!! It's like I'm getting to know you again. It's been too many years that we've even been in the same town, eh?
    I see you know how to change colors, do 'bold', 'italics', maybe??? How fun!! Yeah, Grandmas can learn to do computer stuff, too!!!

    ReplyDelete